SUMMARY: This position is responsible for communicating the value we bring to a customer and ensuring that those values are delivered and realized by our customers. In addition, this position is to develop a partnership, through traditional and/or non traditional methods, to obtain, retain and grow business. This includes being the primary resource for our customers regarding current and future technologies in a profitable manner through our DataOnTouch program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Gain in depth knowledge and insight of assigned customers’ initiatives, goals, and strategies through regular interaction with all levels within the customer’s operation. This includes understanding the producer’s business drivers, strategy and buying practices
- Utilize maps, DataOnTouch and other tools to assist customers in interpreting information and making recommendations
- Work collaboratively with assigned accounts to develop field or farm plans using SSI or DataOnTouch
- Ensure objectives and targets of the producer are met by regular review of plan with targeted producer and Operational team involved with account to identify, evaluate and respond to key business issues of the account and develop, present and demonstrate our capabilities to the customer
- Develop work orders for products sold to the accounts (develop plans in SSI for the products sold to the accounts)
- Detail, position and sell Co-Alliance products and services during on-farm calls, telephone calls, texts and other interactions.
- Set and achieve sales, margin and other goals for each assigned accounts
- Maintain account and sales call records
- Communicate with Location Manager and Operations daily on account progress, account service and potential issues or opportunities with assigned accounts. Cooperates with decision makers and operational individuals within different businesses (Grain, Agronomy, Energy and Feed) on all account developments.
- Provide customer service and act as one of the primary points of contact for customers including resolving customer issues and complaints.
- Develop work habits that create, build and support the go to market strategy within the organization.
- Understand and support marketing strategy and Co-Alliance goals plus changes in these strategies and goals over time.