Co-Alliance, LLP is one of the largest, most successful agribusiness and energy marketing and supply cooperatives in the Midwest. We are a partnership of five established co-ops with community roots extending back to the 1920s. Our business model allows us the unique ability to provide personalized, local service while still being large enough to offer our customers competitive prices and products. Co-Alliance proudly serves the areas of Energy, Agronomy, Grain Marketing, and Swine and Animal Nutrition. We are headquartered in Avon, IN and have more than 50 locations across Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.
Our grain facility located in Northwest Indiana is currently seeking a Grain Facility Superintendent. This position is responsible for the outside operations of the assigned Grain Elevator in Union Mills, IN. This role includes customer service, employee supervision and training, facility and equipment optimization, inventory management, and assisting with the achievement of short/long term goals for the location.
- Supervise and train outside crew in the operations of the elevator. Duties include promoting teamwork and a positive image of the cooperative.
- Assure proper grain storage and condition to maintain the highest quality possible. Duties include segregating inventory according to grade and moisture, ensuring proper aeration, checking temperature, and sampling quality.
- Assure efficient operation of the grain dryer(s). Duties include drying wet grain down to target moisture, while avoiding shrink and maintaining quality.
- Coordinate grain receiving operations for maximum efficiencies, while being responsive to the needs of our farmer owners. Duties include properly filling grain piles.
- Coordinate grain shipping operations for maximum efficiencies, while maintaining adequate receiving capacity. Duties include loading both trucks and rail cars, recovering grain piles, and properly blending product to meet grade.
- Manage facility assets for optimum performance, including preventative maintenance, repair, and equipment replacement.
- Promote safety awareness, and ensure compliance with safety policies, procedures, and regulatory standards. Duties include monitoring outside contractors to make sure safety rules are followed.
- Promote a clean facility environment, and ensure compliance with housekeeping policies, procedures, and standards. Duties include monitoring outside contractors to make sure housekeeping rules are followed.
- Provide recommendations to the Grain Location Manager for short/long term improvement of the facility, including staffing levels and quality of personnel.